Rules & Safety Regulations
Safety is important to us, please see our indemnity form and safety info below.
• Ride in designated bike lanes and/or paved bike trails when available.
• Ride in the same direction of traffic, not against the direction of traffic.
• Use provided water bottle cages and bring water with you.
• Be aware of parked cars as doors may open into street.
• Always look over shoulder before making turns or changing lanes.
• Use provided bungee with rack and affix belongings securely so straps do not impede wheel or get caught up in wheel.
• Carry photo ID at all times.
• Carry health insurance information and any travel insurance at all times.
• Ride with a friend or in a group.
• Use recommended routes to automobile traffic and ensure safety.
• Have Fun!
PLEASE DO NOT:
• Use bikes for beaches, public promenade (if caught doing so there can be a fine inflicted)
• Allow use at any time by any individual younger than 18 years of age.
• Use any Bike if Rider has any existing physical or mental condition that would prohibit Rider from safely operating the Bike.
• Operate a Bike while carrying any item that impedes Rider’s ability to safely operate the Bike.
• Operate a Bike while attempting to exercise your pet (IE Walk the dog)
• Operate a Bike while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any other substance that impair Rider’s ability to safely operate the Bike.
• Use any cell phone or mobile electronic device, including, but not limited to, for the purposes of phone calls, text messages, music or any other use that distracts rider from the safe operation of the Bike.
• Wear a headset covering, earplugs in, or earphones covering, resting on, or inserted in, both ears, while riding.
• Allow any other person to use the Items or allow more than one person to be carried on the Bike.
• Overfill the Bike basket or place objects weighing in total more 20 pounds in the Bike basket.
• Violate any applicable national and provincial law.
• Operate or use a Bike in any manner during adverse weather conditions, including but not limited to: hail, dust storms, fog, heavy rains, or lightning storms.
• Ride or operate a Bike that has any defect, fails to operate as a properly functioning bicycle or that is in need of repair.
• Continue using the Bike if it, or any component of it, should become defective or malfunction
• Use the Bike for racing, tricks riding, jumping, stunt riding.
• Use the Bike for any commercial purposes.
• Tow, pull, carry or push any person or object with a Bike.
• Remove or modify any accessories, parts or components of any Bike.
• Ride the Bike without paying applicable user fees at the time they become due.
Indemnity to be signed before renting our equipment
I, hereby acknowledge that I am renting an electric bicycle/scooter from Electrek Cape Town (Hereinafter referred to as "belts and buckles pty ltd") and that I will be renting it entirely at my own risk.
I confirm that I am over the age of sixteen.
I confirm that I weigh less than 100kg’s.
I confirm that I am not suffering from any medical condition that may preclude me from riding the electric bicycle.
I confirm that I am not under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicating substances and I undertake not to ride the electric bicycle whilst under the influence of alcohol or any intoxicating substances.
I understand that only one person at a time may ride the electric bicycle.
I agree to lock up the electric bicycle when I am not riding it.
I confirm that I know how to ride a bicycle.
I undertake to comply with the instructions of Cape Town Electrek’semployees and/or agents on how to ride an electric bicycle and confirm that I will only hire the electric bicycle if I am confident that I can ride same.
I undertake to comply with the instructions of Cape Town Quarters employees and/or its agents.
I confirm that I am aware of the procedure to be followed if the electric bicycle has a puncture whilst I am riding it.
I acknowledge that it is compulsory to wear the helmet provided by Cape Town Electrek on my head, whilst I am riding the electric bicycle.
I agree to adhere to the rules of the road when riding the electric bicycle.
I understand the inherent dangers and risks associated with bicycling and I assume and accept any and all responsibility for the medical risks associated with bicycling such as but not limited to, a heart attack or stroke, as well any and all responsibility for the risk of injury, paralysis or death, caused by any eventuality whatsoever arising, whilst I am utilising the electric bicycle.
I waive my right to any and all claims arising from whatsoever cause or whatsoever nature, against Cape Town Electrek, its employees or agents for any loss, injury, damage or harm which may be suffered or sustained arising out of or in connection with, my use of the electric bicycle, including any mechanical fault, and all other events related hereto, notwithstanding the fact that that such loss, injury, damage or harm may have been caused by the negligence of Cape Town Electrek, its employees or agents.
I hereby indemnify, Cape Town Electrek, its employees or agents, against all or any claims which may be made against any of them by a third party (including my dependants) where such claim arises out of or in connection with my use of the electric bicycles and all other functions and events related hereto.
I accept that this contract sets out the full basis of the relationship between Cape Town Electrek and myself and acknowledge that it is governed by the laws of South Africa and in the event of my bringing legal action against Cape Town Electrek or its employees or agents, I agree that only the courts of South Africa shall have jurisdiction. BELTS & BUCKLES PTY.LTD trading as Cape Town Electrek.
I acknowledge that I will be responsible for all and any damage caused to the rental bicycle, including theft, from the time of delivery/acceptance thereof to the time of return thereof to Cape Town Electrek.
My liability for damage to the rental bicycle is absolute, whether or not the damage was caused by negligence, vicarious or otherwise.
I confirm that the rental bicycle is given to me in good order and condition and that I received an induction course on the use thereof.
Once the indemnity form has been signed, all bicycle rentals are non-transferable and non-refundable.
I hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless Electrek employees or agents from and against any claims, damages or liability arising from or related to the use of the images, recordings or material, including but not limited to claims of defamation, invasion of privacy, or rights of publicity or copyright infringement.